Please fill in the form at the end after reading the following conditions of use:
· There will be a charge of $10 for each 4 hours or part thereof, for use of meeting rooms (checks should be made payable to the Town of Reading); There will be no charge for groups that are part of the Reading Town Government, or meetings that are run by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or the government of the United States;
· Meetings must end by 10:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and by 5:00 p.m., Friday. Any use in excess of the stated times will require, advance payment of a custodial fee calculated as 1.5 times the rate of the highest paid custodian, plus 10%, times a 3 hour minimum (example — custodian regular rate of $15/hour X 1.5 X 1.10 $24.75 X 3 hour minimum = $74.25)
· Municipal government meetings will have a priority for the use of all meeting rooms;
· Groups using the facility must have at least half of those in attendance as Reading residents or employed in the Town of Reading;
· Meeting rooms are available for not-for-profit organizations only;
· No solicitation of funds is permitted in the meeting rooms without permission of the Town Manager;
· Under no circumstances are groups to present monetary or other gifts to individual staff members. Donations to the Town and its programs are always welcome.
· No political activity is permitted, except for duly recognized elected Town political committees; No admission fee may be charged by any group using the meeting rooms, nor may any solicitation of funds be made, article or services offered for sale, nor voluntary donations suggested without written permission in advance from the Town Manager.
· Meetings must be open to the public;
· Facilities must be left neat and orderly, in the same condition as they were found; Failure to doso will result in a loss of future use of the room;
· Town staff is not available to help with set up or clean up of the room — that is the responsibility of the group using the facility;
· Reservations must be made in advance (allow time for set up and clean up when determining the time you reserve);
· Use of the piano (Library Meeting Room and Senior Center) by written permission only (two week notice needed);
· Nothing may be attached to the walls in the meeting rooms;
· Damage to the facilities must be reported promptly, and the group or individual using the facility may be charged for damage or wear and tear beyond what is reasonable;
· Light refreshments may be provided in the Library Meeting Room, Town Hall Conference Room, Selectmen’s Meeting Room, Fire Station Training Room, Senior Center Great Room, and Police Station , Community Room (in the lobby only). The sponsoring group is responsible for leaving the food area in a clean and orderly condition. The Town cannot furnish equipment for serving food and drink.
· No use of the staff lounge(s) or private offices is permitted for any purpose;
· No smoking, use of alcoholic beverages, or any act that is a violation of the Reading Bylaws, or State or Federal law is permitted.
· The individual or group using the meeting room indemnities the Town of Reading for any action that may take place in the use of any meeting room or ancillary facility including lobbies, public areas, parking lots, or driveways. The Town of Reading will not be responsible for injury to persons or property while any group uses the building or grounds.
· Refunds will be granted if 14 days notice of cancellation is received. If an event is cancelled due to weather a rain date may be scheduled with no additional cost.